If you’re trying to overcome social anxiety, you are probably hoping to make new friends. For many this is a scary prospect as having never been good at doing this, you may not know where to go. Considering to beautiful weather we have been having, and that fall in not that far away, I have decided to create this list of 5 amazing places where you can easily make new friends.
- If you love sports, take up a new sport or join a new league. Being part of a team is an excellent way to meet great people.
- Do you have children? If so, take them to the park. Not only will you have fun with your children, but you’ll meet other parents with whom you share the common bond of parenting.
- If public service is your thing, volunteer somewhere. No matter where you volunteer, if you’re working with other people, you make new friends.
- Another option is to take a course in something you want to know more about. Whether you decide to go back to college and take up a new career path, or just take a pottery, karate or dance class, you’ll meet people with these same interests.
- Get out and go to events that interest you. There are many great events where you can make friends. Many town and cities often have festivals during the summer. Now only do many of these festivals have great food, but you’ll find hundreds of potential new friends at them. Car shows, computer shows home and garden shows, and even flee markets are all examples of places that you might want to try.
Now go have fun and make new friends, but just remember. These are just suggestions. The places where you will make friends with the most ease are the places where you have fun, and are comfortable!